It’s about that time again, isn’t it? We’re all just about ready to shrug into an awkwardly fitting new year, and all of the LISTICLES are flowering. Here then are my top 5 reads of this past year; note, these aren’t necessarily books that came out this year.
1) The Goldfinch, by Donna Tartt
2) The Martian, by Andy Weir
3) The Peripheral, by William Gibson
4) Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage, by Haruki Murakami
5) Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline
Honorable Mentions: In the Dust of This Planet, by Eugene Thacker, and Gun Machine by Warren Ellis